Currently getting me through this friday...
Thursday, November 15, 2012
1.exercised my right to vote 2. After 2 years in our house, finally hung the microwave 3. Navy football game 4. Parted with my ring for 2-3 wks to get it sized, wah 5. My beautiful niece 6. Celebrations with friends 7. Wine bar fun 8. dogshaming... 9. My fav spot 10. Neighborhood Halloween fun 11. Watching my nephew play lax 12. Celebrating 3 years with B 13. Homemade hot chocolate, extra marshmellows 14. Found some old memories
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
We belong to a local CSA, which we pick up from every week. So this week when B grabbed up some Butternaut Squash, I knew I wanted to make something fall esque and comforting. My first thought was just to roast it as a side, but the more I thought about it... the more I wanted to try a soup. It turned out to be everything I love in a soup, and I think this is a good "base" soup where you can experiment with different spices. This will definitely be on rotation in our house.
What you need :
- 1 Medium Onion (chopped)
- 2 Potatoes (peeled & chopped)
- 1 Medium Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Celery Stalk (chopped) - I did use leeks instead since we didn't have celery
- 1 Medium Butternaut Squash (chopped)
- 32oz Chicken Stock
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Any other spices you wish!
What to do:
- Melt butter in large pot
- Toss all chopped veggies into pot for 5 minutes
- Pour Chicken stock in (enough to cover the veggies)
- Bring to a boil
- Turn down heat, Cover, & Simmer for 40 minutes or until veggies are tender
- Pour soup into blender & Blend (do small batches, it's hot & can go EVERYWHERE)
- Pour back into Pot, and add additional chicken stock if needed
- Add seasonings to taste
- Garnish with Parsely & ENJOY!!!
Keeping it real....as I mentioned... do small batches.. it WILL go everywhere... and it's hot ( I have a burn mark to prove it!) DOH!