Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Easy Banana Oatmeal Muffins


The other night I had an urge to make something, and when I saw this recipe , realized I had all the ingredients ( especially two almost overly ripe bananas!).... I decided to make B & I breakfast for the week.


What you need:

2.5 Cups of Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 Cup low fat (or non-fat) plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup of Sugar or substitute
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Ripe Bananas

I also added about 1/2 tsp of cinnamon for a little more flavor, and topped them with chopped walnuts before baking.

What to do:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (12) or use foil liners ( that's what I used)
  2. Place all ingredients in a Blender or food processor until the oats are smooth. I also sliced my bananas and put the oats in 1/2 a cup at a time.
  3. Pour the mixture in the pan or liners (this is where I added the walnut toppings) and cook until a toothpick comes out clean or about 20-25 minutes.
  4. ENJOY!!!!

That's it! Super duper easy and ridiculously yummy! They are a little more dense than a normal muffin but still just as moist and filling due to the oats and the Greek yogurt. This is definitely added to my list of keepers, and the good thing is you can change it up by adding different spices etc. to change the flavor profile. I'm already thinking my next batch will include some mini chocolate chips... mmm mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment