Friday, July 13, 2012

Office Make-over

Our office has been just a giant mess of sorts since we've moved in. We don't utilize the space how we should and need to, but all that is changing now!

I'm going with just the black, white, and gray theme. Very neutral simple and classic.  Possibly adding a pop of color here & there.

I saw this gift wrap/craft solution on Pinterest via Brooklyn Limestone, and knew that it would be perfect, easy, inexpensive and most of all not take up space since the room is fairly small. So I trekked over to one of my fav places ...IKEA and picked up what I needed, although I did get another bar and additional buckets.

We've had this Micke series desk for awhile now, it's perfect corner desk for the again, small room. We also have the matching storage unit as well. And I love the fact that the back has a dry erase boards, so I can leave sweet messages for B , for when he's doing school work!
MICKE Corner workstation IKEA Top shelf with a cable outlet creates efficient storage for a printer, etc.


We also already have this window pane daybed from West Elm. I love it and am making it so that it looks as a sofa within the room, but an extra bed for overnight guests as well.


So, next up we are painting the room this soft gray,  Behr Gentle Rain. We got the paint last weekend, now we just need to get to paintin'!!!


The other thing we are going to do is add these Billy Bookcases from IKEA, on both sides of the daybed and across the top to make it resemble the look of built in's!
BILLY Bookcase IKEA Narrow shelves help you use small wall spaces effectively by accommodating small items in a minimum of space.


We still have a TON of work to do to get this all finished up, but I think we are on the right track... and hopefully we can get our lazy bums in high gear. I'm so ready for this room to not just be a dumping zone anymore!!

Ciao Bellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment