Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crazy is as Crazy does....

I've failed miserably with keeping up with this whole blog thing!  Just another one of my many products of starting something & getting sidetracked & not keeping up or finishing. Although...I will say... that I have gotten much much better with this stuff!

Alot has happened in the last couple of months ( do I always say that?.. it's so true though). What is that saying... life happens when you are busy making plans?!?! so so true. But I ended up leaving my first job that I had out of college of 6 years, to take a leap of faith into something similar but the opposite. Let's just say it's been different, but good, and I'm just trying to find my place & figure it all out now. The commute is one thing that I'm not particularly fond of, but B & I can drive in together so using the HOV lanes is sometimes (majority) a life saver when it comes to traffic.  Let me tell you, DC traffic is just NO FUN! and neither is getting up at 5am, just to try & beat said traffic. But the one really really nice thing is that I work a 9/80 schedule, which gives me every other friday off... yes... every other week is a 3 day weekend... so I guess I shouldn't complain to much!

In other news, I've seen a lot of live concerts recently, including Amos Lee, Josh Ritter, Eric Hutchinson, Grace Potter  & this weekend we're going to see Alison Krauss & Union Station. Live music is love, especially on nice days at outdoor venues. Perfection.

B & I also acquired another dog (this makes 3.. yes we might be crazy) although he's not a permenant addition.  One of B's older brothers is in the Navy, so we have his dog Boomer while he's on deployment for the 6 months. Needless to say we have plenty of entertainment in our household. He's a black lab & a very good dog... minus the counter surfer. I'll leave the apple pie story for another time...

Just getting through this last day of work... and then heading to Ohio for a 3 day weekend & a visit with B's other older brother. And yes... we are driving... with 3 dogs... 8 hours.... I said before we might be crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment