So far we've done:
- Ripped up the old carpet in the downstairs and put in pergo floors
- Pulled up the mis-matched marble tiles in the entry way & put down a nice new clean tile.
- Painted the Master, kitchen, LL Living Room & UL Living Room, including trim & doors
- Put a new screen door up & painted the front door
- Cleared out the front flowerbed, and replanted new shrubs, flowers, & ornamental grasses
- Cleared alllll the mis-matched rocks/stones/pavers from our backyard & got a new paver patio & sod put down
- Put new slate tile down in front of the fireplace
- Replaced the bar top with a butcher block counter top, new sink & faucet
- Re-did the guest bath, which was a night-MARE!
- Got all new stainless steel appliances for the kitchen, UM HELLO double oven! i'm in lurveee!
- New light fixture over the dining table, and two hallways
- Started a gallery wall up the first staircase
- Planted new grass in the back
Things still need to do/want to do:
- Paint the guest room
- Fill the empty frames in the gallery wall
- Hang the microwave over the stove
- Paint the Bar Cabinets
- Paint the Kitchen Cabinets
- re-finish the dresser we use as a media cabinet
- Get new washer & dryer
- Re-do the laundry room area
- New spring landscaping front & back
- re-finish the old roll top desk that was my grandmothers
- re-do the master bathroom
- Paint the office & make built in book shelves
I know that I'm probably seriously missing some things that we want to do...but this is a pretty good starting point. It's been tough this year so far with engagements that we've had but once june hits things will slow up some, and hopefully we can knock some of this off our list and then spend some good R&R at the pool!
I guess it is true what they say when you become a homeowner.... there is always something to do!