Wednesday, February 16, 2011

stickin' to it...

so one of my new year's goals was to be more organized... with life. ha! no really, to write more dates & tasks down, to have a place for everything & everything in it's place. I've had some progress... but then I've somewhat slid back... so now I'm playing catch up. I guess my main problem is that I try to tackle everything at once... and I need to make some smaller goals or I should say areas.


Sooo... one of my biggest problem areas is my bedroom. I'm so bad at throwing clothes off & on the floor when I come home... and throwing clothes off & on the floor when I'm scrounging for something to wear ( we all have those days!).  I'm also really bad about just junking up the dresser, nightstand, vanity... you name it.. there is SOMETHING on it. And I'm not talking about pretty something's either.


My idea when we bought & moved into our new house, was to have our bedroom  have a parisian feel to it. Without being overly girl, since I was sharing said room with a boy.  I died over the love letters bedding from Anthro, but ultimately decided (or harassed by college friends) that it was entirely too girly to make a guy sleep under, even though he said he liked it ( which they said it was because I loved it). I feel like I'm slowly making my way to that feel, but I'm ready to make it really done, clean & ORGANIZED!


Our walls our painted in what was Lowe's Vaspar Soft Pumpkin, which is a peachy orangey color. Possibly not what most everyone would pick but I like the color for the feminity & masculinity of it. Plus our Master is GIGANTIC, so the color didn't overpower the room. I got the sconces from Ikea, the Inital Letters on Clearance from Kohl's. The bottom picture under the S is from Etsy (ArtShark Designs) & the top right picture above the B is from Etsy  as well, (The Love Shop ) & it's an Edgar Allen Poe (whom is my ABSOLUTE fav!) quote from Annabelle Lee " We loved with a love that was more than love". The Bedding is from Tar-get! Which matched perfectly & even though you can't see it.. it is tan's & gray swirly things! We are now in the process of looking for a new bedframe & nightstands though. We want some smaller nightstands & a king size bed ( our pups have taken over our queenie!).

Pardon the image... it's from my cell phone, but you get the jist.

I've been working on jewelry storage & an old vintage singer sewing machine/table made into a vanity. More pics to come on that!

but i digress... my main focus is on my closet( B gave me the whole thing!). It is big...but no walk-in... well it has a walk-in but it's strange. So I've just been racking my  brain on how to get the most out of the space. It has double hanging bars already & some built in shelves, which definitely help & are super nice, but my biggest problem right now is my shoes... and I have TONS of shoes, I think its a problem, or a complex... but you always feel good in shoes & they always fit no matter if you gain that extra 5-10 lbs.


This is what I'd LURRRVEE to do, something similar to this. This is Jcrew's Jenna Lyon's & of course who wouldn't want to model thier closet after her's?!?!?! This is the inspiration. Albeit, mine will be a smaller scale...

via

I've found the elfa system from the container store, so I'll just need my dimensions of the closet & see how far those will stick out. Because like I said, my walk-in not so walk-in closet is weird...  meaning there is only a small space to get to where the back shelves are & my set up that I have currently (shoes in clear boxes) doesn't work well for getting back there (cue the boxes alllll falling over...)

so i've glad a plan in  mind... and i'm a woman on a mission to organize a pretty little closet!

beaucoup d'amour

No comments:

Post a Comment